TCNJ Transportation Programs
The College has implemented a variety of programs to promote the use of alternative transportation including:
- Providing on its website information about alternative means of transportation to the College. This includes bus schedules from local train stations to campus.
- The College actively promotes the use of bicycles on campus. Buildings have bike racks and many residence halls have bike storage rooms. The College has invested in bicycle racks increasing the capacity by 80% in the past several years.
- There are efforts by the College to link its pedestrian and bicycle pathways to the Lawrence Hopewell Trail and other bikeways throughout Mercer County to create a seamless network of bike routes to and from the campus.
- Recently, TCNJ has relocated and expanded its NJ Transit bus station to the mixed used Campus Town development which makes it more accessible, convenient and visible for the community to use.
- Campus Town, unlike many other living environments on and around campus does not require cars to be able to live independently. Residents of Campus Town have many of the service, food, and entertainment amenities that they need at their doorstep.
Read about TCNJ’s electric vehicle charging stations in The Signal (Charging toward sustainability: electric vehicle charging stations on campus).
In partnership with the local utility, PSE&G, the College has installed electric car charging stations which are free for use by College faculty and staff and students who register their electric cars and have a valid TCNJ parking sticker. This program increases the viability and visibility of commuting via electric vehicles to campus.
The PSE&G Electric Vehicle Chargers are located on the first floor of the Metzger Garage (Lot #7), located in front of Lions Stadium. There are ten parking spots with ten chargers mounted on the wall in front of the green reserved parking spaces. Normally, the Electric Vehicle Chargers can charge up to ten vehicles per day, more if resident students use the chargers after work hours.
For more information on how to register your vehicle and general guidelines for the program, visit the EV Charging stations website.