TCNJ Transportation Programs
The College has implemented a variety of programs to promote the use of alternative transportation including:
- Providing on its website information about alternative means of transportation to the College. This includes bus schedules from local train stations to campus.
- The College, in collaboration with out housing development partner, has brought a car sharing service to campus run by Enterprise Rent a Car company. This service gives those on campus who need transportation access to a fuel efficient car for short durations and at low cost.
- The College actively promotes the use of bicycles on campus. Buildings have bike racks and many residence halls have bike storage rooms. The College has invested in bicycle racks increasing the capacity by 80% in the past several years.
- There are efforts by the College to link its pedestrian and bicycle pathways to the Lawrence Hopewell Trail and other bikeways throughout Mercer County to create a seamless network of bike routes to and from the campus.
- Recently, TCNJ has relocated and expanded its NJ Transit bus station to the mixed used Campus Town development which makes it more accessible, convenient and visible for the community to use.
- Campus Town, unlike many other living environments on and around campus doe not require cars to be able to live independently. Residents of Campus Town have many of the service, food, and entertainment amenities that they need at their doorstep.